Terms & Conditions
• by email at [email protected]
• telephone us at 1-587-1048
• or by mail at: 1201 – 6852 66 Street, Red Deer, Alberta, T4P 3T5
Personal Information We Collect
Golfzone and its employees, servants, agents, contractors, service providers, partners and representatives may collect Personal Information under certain circumstances, such as:
• Contact Information (e.g., name, home address, home or mobile telephone number or e-mail address);
• Credit or Debit Card Information (e.g., when purchasing Simulator Bay Rentals or other products or services);
• Information relevant to a particular service you request (e.g. the age and gender of a child or other person where you request our birthday party services);
• Survey Responses (e.g., when you provide your name in order to take advantage of various benefits for participating in a survey, or when you consent to us contacting you about your comments);
• Credit Card and other information provided for the purchase of services or products (e.g., your name, your credit card number, expiry date and 3-digit CVS code).
• Job Applications (e.g. such information as you provide to us when you apply for a job: (i) by sending us a resume; (ii) by submitting a job application on our Websites; or (iii) by submitting a job application through a third party Websites.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use Personal Information for a number of purposes:
• Events, Bookings: Personal contact and credit/debit card information will be used by Golfzone to process your purchases and reservations. For event bookings, such as birthday parties, the child’s name, age and gender will be used to organize the event. In these cases, credit/debit card information is only used for the purposes required to process and complete the transaction and/or service requested by you and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes or as otherwise required by law, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
• Contests/Benefits: Golfzone may run contests, with our various business partners and through our Websites. We require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (for online entries) and we may also require proof of your age for the purposes of determining eligibility, prize notification and fulfilment and related purposes in connection with the contest. Contact information may be required to administer other benefits our visitors and /or guests have requested or accepted.
• Other Uses: We may also use Personal Information, where necessary, for establishing, maintaining and/or fulfilling relationships with our business partners, third-party vendors of products and/or services, as well as our corporate and business customers; evaluating Job applications or resumes which are sent to us (either by mail, electronic mail, through our Websites, or via third party Websites which advertise or list job openings) all of which are forwarded to our Human Resources Department or the relevant location(s) for consideration; conducting operating, administering and otherwise managing our business, to satisfy legal, regulatory, security, audit, financial and processing requirements, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information collected by Golfzone is not disclosed to other parties, except as follows:
“Golfzone.ca” and the Internet
The Websites have primary worldwide web address(es) (also known as the “uniform resource locator” or “URL”) and consists of various webpages, which are owned and/or operated by Golfzone and which are collectively known as “Golfzone.ca”. The Websites consist of all content thereon and all other domain names, worldwide web addresses, uniform resource locators, URL’s and webpages which are solely owned and/or operated by Golfzone, and which link or otherwise connect to the Websites. On the Websites, visitors may register to receive customized information, enter contests, participate in polls or surveys or purchase products and/or services. Golfzone does not collect Personal Information about you unless you choose to provide us with such information in order to purchase a service or product, or participate in the Golfzone.ca online community and for which the provision of such Personal Information is necessary or reasonable.
Individuals who provide us with their telephone numbers online will only be telephoned by us with respect to orders, contests or other products or services that they have requested online. If you make inquiries of Golfzone directly by e-mail, or through our Websites, these inquiries are forwarded to the relevant department and are not used for other purposes, or stored (other than maintaining a record of our correspondence with you).
Unsubscribe / Deletion Requests
When you register on our Websites, make purchases, enter contests, respond to surveys, or otherwise participate in our online community, our servers may store your Personal Information, contact particulars or other information in order to facilitate site login, the automatic completion of forms and otherwise for your convenience. If you prefer that we not store such information on our servers, you may select the appropriate option on the Websites (if that option is available) or you may contact us as indicated at the beginning of this
The nature of the internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about each individual’s use of the internet. This information may be associated with an individual’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. This is a unique internet “address” which is assigned to all internet users by their Internet Service Provider (“ISP”). Our server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, webpages requested, as well as identifying categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. Golfzone only uses these statistics on an aggregate basis in order for us to improve our Websites.
For each visit to our Websites, cookies may be used by our server to recognize you where you have indicated your preference to be automatically logged in.
You may disable cookies using your browser’s settings. Please consult your browser’s help function for information on how to disable cookies. Note that if you disable cookies, certain features of our Websites will not function to their fullest potential.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, Golfzone or its service providers place ads on our webpages. As a result of your visit to our site, or by clicking on these ads, we may collect passive information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
On our Website we store subscriber and password information in a secure manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind password protection, or off-line. We endeavor to use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our Websites.
We protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Golfzone and its employees, servants, agents, contractors, legal, accounting or other service providers, partners, representatives and mandataries who require access to your Personal Information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information. You transmit or provide all Personal Information entirely at your own risk.
Consent to Transfer
Golfzone’s Websites are operated on equipment located in Canada. If you are located in the United States of America, European Union or elsewhere outside Canada, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Canada. By visiting Golfzone.ca, purchasing our products or services, participating in our online community and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. Regardless of your location, we shall protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note that the Personal Information which you provide to us will be held and used in accordance with such Canadian federal or provincial laws as exist from time to time, and as are applicable.
Note to Parents/Children’s Privacy
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect information on our Websites from those children we actually know are under 13 years of age. In addition, no part of our Websites are targeted to attract anyone under 13 years of age. We request that children under 13 years of age do not disclose or provide any Personal Information. If we discover such information, we will delete the child’s Personal Information from our records. If for any reason we believe a user may be under the age of 13 we reserve the right to request proof of age of such user. If such proof is not provided, or if it is discovered a user is under the age of 13 all Personal Information of that user shall be deleted from our servers and associated systems and we reserve the right to limit and/or ban such user from our Websites. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Golfzone may from time to time conduct, sponsor, co-sponsor or participate in contests and/or promotions which may be open to entrants of all ages, including children under the age of 13. During such contests and/or promotions Golfzone makes special efforts to encourage children to consult with their parents before providing Personal Information and in each case parental consent must be obtained in order for any such entry or participation to be valid. Golfzone also believes that parents should supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools, available from online services and software manufacturers, to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools may also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other Personal Information without parental permission. For additional information about parental control tools, please visit http://www.icra.org/_en/parents.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
• by email at [email protected]
• telephone us at 1-403-587-1048
• or by mail at: 1201 – 6852 66 Street, Red Deer, Alberta, T4P 3T5
Please clearly indicate the information that you wish to review or have changed. We will reply to your request as soon as reasonably possible.
© Golfzone Inc.